[Asterisk-Users] Cell phone dock/switch as Asterisk FXO source

John Novack jnovack at stromberg-carlson.org
Sun Jan 1 15:36:46 MST 2006

Cell Socket is another such product.
Current Cell Sockets work  with some of Motorola phones.
Different systems GSM, CDMA, work somewhat differently regarding
callerID and speed dial
The original CellSocket worked with certain Nokia phones
In the GSM version dialing is similar to the PSTN, but the "send"
function uses the "#" to  start the call.
Incoming calls produce a ring signal that  should be detected by the FXO
card.
I use mine as a trunk into my house PBX ( not Asterisk ) but I see no
reason why it shouldn't work as well.
See the list archives for more comments, and use Google to search on
cellsocket

John Novack