[Asterisk-Users] Cell phone dock/switch as Asterisk FXO source

Brian McEntire brian.mcentire at gmail.com
Sun Jan 1 15:01:11 MST 2006

Is anyone familiar with cell phone switches that allow routing cell phone
calls through in-home wiring? One example of these devices is the Phone Labs
Dock-N-Talk. It says it keeps your cell charged when you are home and
connects your cell (for incoming and outgoing calls) to your home wiring or
cordless phones.

But it also has features such as allowing speed dialing and voice dialing
from extensions if your cell phone has those features. So I'm not sure if
the device offers a fully compatible FXO signalling.

I'm currently running Asterisk with 1 POTS and 1 VOIP (via Sipura 3000)
lines coming into Zaptel FXS modules, and then I have two FXO modules for
two extensions.

I'm thinking of doing away with the land line. Should something like the
Dock-N-Talk allow substituting a cell phone line for the POTS line?