[Asterisk-Users] Re: Polycom Default Ring Volume [OT]

Henry Kwan spam at designmedia.com
Tue Feb 28 12:42:35 MST 2006

>Kind of OT here, but just out of curiosity, how do you email them?  Do
>you have an actual address, or do you just use the form on their web
>site?  I've sent a bunch of requests via that form, and even though it
>says I should receive a response, I never have.  I've tried going
>through a couple of resellers, too, and haven't gotten anything.  I'm
>hoping you have some more direct (and effective!) means.

I've contact Polycom via their web form and they emailed me back around 2
days later.  We've purchased all of our phones via authorized resellers.
Dunno if that makes a difference or not.

My question was about the button programability and their response was
that the manual was incorrect.  You can not program buttons to have
extended functionality.  You can only reprogram "hard" functions like
ArrowUp or DoNotDisturb, not "soft" functions like SpeedDial.  They will
be removing those references in the next revision of the manual.