[Asterisk-Users] Re: Asterisk 1.2.4 IAX2 New Jitterbuffer Tuning

Ron Senykoff rsenykoff at harrislogic.com
Tue Feb 28 08:49:03 MST 2006

> I have also issues with jitter over wan (cdma),
> I'm trying to debug how dejitter buffer is working (using iax2 jb
> debug), but nothing happens/no debug output on asterisk console :-(
> is any way how to monitor iax jitter buffer? thx
> PJ

I'm really hoping to see some working settings from some people here.
The jitterbuffer is one of the main features I've been looking forward
to in 1.2. Here are my current settings, if anyone notices a major
problem please let me know. I'm using dropcount of 2 hoping that a
shrink in the jitterbuffer will happen a little faster as a trade-off.
Am I thinking correctly on this? I moved the resyncthreshold way up
since people are having issues with it. My thoughts on
minexcessbuffer=60 is to immediately get a decent buffer going, as
this is much higher than the jitter I usually see (~20ms).

jitterbuffer=yes
dropcount=2
maxjitterbuffer=500
maxexcessbuffer=300