[Asterisk-Users] ISDN30E + T1 crossover cable woes

phil.dawson at marnock.com phil.dawson at marnock.com
Tue Feb 28 03:33:47 MST 2006

Hi,

I'm having problems getting our server to work with our BT ISDN30 box.  We
are using a Digium TE110P card to connect to the ISDN box on the wall. The
card is configured as an E1 (strap on).  I've made the T1 crossover cable
( well, made two variations ) and neither work.  The light on the Digium
card flashes red and the red LED's on the ISDN box stay lit.  I've tested
the configuration and all modules load ok.  Done a ztcfg -vvvvv and things
look ok.  Done zttest and get around 99.7% - 99.9%.  After loading
asterisk I did a zap show status and alert is red.

After googling I found this statement:

RED: Loss of signal (LOS): The equipment shall assume "loss of signal"
when the incoming signal amplitude is, for a time duration of at least 1
ms, more than 20 dB below the nominal amplitude. The equipment shall react
within 12 ms by issuing AIS.

The question is, is this a configuration issue, cable issue or BT issue.

Digium's site is down so couldn't look there  :-(

One of the diagrams I used is here:

http://www.gcom.com/home/documents/faqs/cables_&_t1.htm

The other diagram ( can't seem to find that now ) used 1-5, 2-4 etc.

Has anyone seen this problem?

Thank you in advance.

Phil.