[Asterisk-Users] chan_capi and Eicon Diva

Armin Schindler armin at melware.de
Tue Feb 28 01:25:24 MST 2006

On Tue, 28 Feb 2006, Paolo Prandini wrote:
> I am trying to use chan_capi with an Eicon Diva Server BRI.
> I installed the Eicon drivers from source including CAPU and
> I can use the board correcly using tty_test and minicom over /dev/ttyds01
> or /dev/ttyds01.
> I need to insmod capi ( why? it is not written anywhere) and then

If not already loaded, of course, to use CAPI to need to insmod the modules
for that feature. The main module is kernelcapi, which is needed by the
divacapi module. the module 'capi' provides the user-space access via
/dev/capi20

> capiinfo shows me all board parameters, but I have to break it otherwise
> capiinfo doesn't exit at all, but I don't know if this is an expected
> behaviour.

No, capiinfo may not wait, it should exit immediatly.

> When I try to use chan_capi I get the message in the asterisk log that
> CAPI is not installed and in fact the capi20_isinstalled function in
> chan_capi.c returns 4109, the error code expected when capi is not
> installed.
> Why? Has anyone some experience on the matter that is willing to share?
> I have looked everywhere on google and the usual forums but there are
> no useful informations.

Does /dev/capi20 has the correct permissions set for asterisk?

Armin