[Asterisk-Users] chan_capi and Eicon Diva

Paolo Prandini prandini at spe.net
Tue Feb 28 00:28:21 MST 2006

I am trying to use chan_capi with an Eicon Diva Server BRI.
I installed the Eicon drivers from source including CAPU and
I can use the board correcly using tty_test and minicom over /dev/ttyds01
or /dev/ttyds01.
I need to insmod capi ( why? it is not written anywhere) and then
capiinfo shows me all board parameters, but I have to break it otherwise
capiinfo doesn't exit at all, but I don't know if this is an expected
behaviour.
When I try to use chan_capi I get the message in the asterisk log that
CAPI is not installed and in fact the capi20_isinstalled function in
chan_capi.c returns 4109, the error code expected when capi is not
installed.
Why? Has anyone some experience on the matter that is willing to share?
I have looked everywhere on google and the usual forums but there are
no useful informations.
Thanks.
Paolo