[Asterisk-Users] AGI Channel Status

Michael Collins mcollins at fcnetwork.biz
Mon Feb 27 15:27:44 MST 2006

> MC,
>
> I think I worked out that I need to use ${DIALSTATUS} anyway. Don't
really
> see what 'channel status' is for...

Doug,

I think the channel status might be more useful for incoming calls, or
possibly to monitor specific channels other than the 'current' channel.
I can't think of a reason to do this off the top of my head, although I
suppose if you had an AGI script that needed to check the status of one
or more channels that you could use 'channel status' for this purpose.

You are right though - if dial() doesn't return any progress info while
the dial is taking place then it is pointless to check the status of the
channel - it's either dialing or it isn't!

-MC