[Asterisk-Users] RE: Cisco 7960 upgrade to SIP

Kaleb L. Kunzler kunzlerklan.catchall at gmail.com
Mon Feb 27 14:17:37 MST 2006

I recently upgraded a Cisco 7960 to the SIP firmware, it worked fine without
a "call-manager".  I just put the SIP firmware and associated config files
in the TFTP directory of my asterisk server so that the phone could pull the
firmware off of my asterisk server via TFTP.  It took me about 5 minutes
maximum to get the phone working with SIP through asterisk.  NO Call-manager
was used in the firmware upgrade process.  Before SIP my phones where using
SCCP (also known as skinny).  I imagine that a change from MGCP to SIP
should be as painless.

KKunzler

>Message: 16
>Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2006 14:14:57 -0600
>From: Alan Bunch <Alan.Bunch at udfc.com>
>Subject: [Asterisk-Users] Covad anyone ....
>	<asterisk-users at lists.digium.com>
>
>Has anyone done any integration work with Covad's hosted solution ?  I am
considering Covad's hosted solution and want to >be able to use Asterisk to
develop some other apps.  Anyone else tried this ? how did Covad react.  I
know they use MGCP. >

>Another thing, the Cisco reseller  rep tells me if I have a bunch of 7960's
setup for MGCP (for use with Covad) I will >>>need to get these phone hooked
up to a Call Manager system to get them to load a SIP image for the first
time.  That >>>doesn't fit with anything I have been reading from Cisco and
other places.  Any truth to that ?