[Asterisk-Users] courtesy message calling mobile phones

Alexander Burke asterisk at alexburke.ca
Mon Feb 27 13:49:40 MST 2006

At 12:07 PM 02/27/2006, you wrote:
>Can you explain this?
>What country?
>In this case it's not asterisk but the telco that has to do the Answer.
>To every mobile? or just that provider?

My knowledge of SS7 is limited, but this has to do with opening the
audio path before a call-answered event (which never comes), or even
before a call-alerting event. This is also the case where a SIT is
generated, and a message like "the number you have reached is not in
service" is played for those not hardcore enough to know the specific
error from the sound of the SIT alone. :)

--
Alexander Burke, A+, CCNA
Kingston, Ontario, Canada