[Asterisk-Users] courtesy message calling mobile phones

Johnathan Corgan jcorgan at aeinet.com
Mon Feb 27 11:02:35 MST 2006

C F wrote:

> Can you explain this?
> What country?

> In this case it's not asterisk but the telco that has to do the Answer.
> To every mobile? or just that provider?

I too have seen something similar in the past.  When calling Verizon
(408-489) numbers, when there is no answer and it rolls over to
voicemail, the callee's greeting plays with no answer indication from
Verizon.  Eventually the Dial times out while in the middle of the
callee's greeting and the caller is not able to leave a voicemail.

I don't know if this is still happening now or if it was a just a
temporary fluke when it was reported to me.

-Johnathan