[Asterisk-Users] SPA-941 Selective DND

Gonzalo Servat gservat at gmail.com
Mon Feb 27 07:04:15 MST 2006

On 2/27/06, Darren Ellis <darren at ieworks.net> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have a request from a customer that I'm not sure how to implement.
> They have a Snom-360 as receptionist phone and SPA-941 for all other
> phones.  They use the SPA-941 DND function when they are away from their
> desks, which happens often due to the nature of their business.
>
> They would like to have the SPA-941 accept internal calls while DND is
> set.  If any of you know how to make this happen, I'd very much
> appreciate your help.
>
> The paging feature is not what they want, and the SPA-041 ignores the
> answer-after=0 SIP header when DND is on anyway.

IF the SPA-941 doesn't support the selective DND feature, the only
solution that comes to mind is to use server-side DNDs. ie. *11 (for
example) to turn DND on and *12 to turn it off.
In Asterisk, configure *11 to set a DND variable (database put DND ext
yes/no). When somebody calls the extension, if DND is "yes" in the
Asterisk internal DB for the extension, and the call is from a local
channel, ring the SPA-941, otherwise send to voicemail. Make sense?

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Gonzalo.