[Asterisk-Users] BLF not working after reload

mustardman29 mustardman29 at hotmail.com
Sun Feb 26 21:50:41 MST 2006

According to this blurb I found on the Asterisk Wiki, it was supposed to be
fixed so it still works after a reload.  Your suggestion is all fine and
dandy but does nothing to rectify a server reboot.  If phones have to be
rebooted everytime the Asterisk server is rebooted or the sip.conf is
reloaded just to allow BLF to keep working then this is a show stopper for
me!

"Update Aug. 2005 (for Asterisk 1.2.0)
After months in the bug tracker (bug 3644), we've finally committed a lot of
changes to the SIP Subscribe subsystem in Asterisk cvs head:

It now works even if you reload the dial plan
It does not accept subscriptions to extensions without hints
It will terminate subscriptions if the hint does not exist after a dialplan
reload

To get this to work properly, you

Add a hint to the dialplan for the extension
Optional: Configure incominglimit for the device (renamed to "call-limit" in
Asterisk v.1.2)
Optional: Enable "notifyringing = yes" if you'd also like to see the RINGING
state to be notified"