[Asterisk-Users] BLF not working after reload

Douglas Garstang dgarstang at oneeighty.com
Sun Feb 26 13:19:27 MST 2006

If you do a 'reload' in Asterisk, it deletes all the sip subscriptions. Do a 'sip show subscriptions' before and after a reload command. They will disappear. I've been bitching about this for a while, and asking why subscriptions can't be stored in astdb like registrations.

If you reboot the phone, it sends the SIP SUBSCRIBE message to Asterisk again, which remembers it until the next reload. If you reboot the Astrisk server, you obviously lose it as well, because Asterisk is storing them in memory (not astdb).

One workaround, is to not issue 'reload' commands. Just reload the module you've changed. I think reloading SIP will delete the subscriptions. For example, if you change the dial plan just issue an 'extensions reload'. Your subscriptions should remain.

Lets just hope it's a long time for you between alternations to sip.conf!

Doug