[Asterisk-Users] Queus seem to work different between IAX and ZAP channels

David F Bakker dbakker at arrayasolutions.com
Fri Feb 24 20:10:50 MST 2006

Queus seem to work different between IAX and ZAP channels. I have a IAX
trunk today which I want to switch over to ZAP lines. I have a menu
option for a caller to be able to "locate" as person. What happens is a
queue is setup with a ringroup in it. The ringroup is an external # with
a 15 second timeout. With the IAX trunk this works. A caller hits the
option, goes to the queue and listens to music on hold while the extenal
# rings for 15 seconds. If no one picks up it puts the caller in the
persons voicemail. With a ZAP trunk the queue calls the external # but
does an xfer. So the caller doesnt hear music on hold but the extenal #
ringing. The timeout doesnt apply anymore either so it seems it is doing
a xfer. Any ideas?

-David