[Asterisk-Users] Problem with T1 installation

Nitin Joshi nitin_joshi at iicindia.com
Fri Feb 24 06:39:47 MST 2006

Hi All,

I have installed a Digium TE110P card on an Asterisk 1.2.1 system. Its connected directly to the PSTN. But I am unable to make outbound calls on the zap channels. The light on the card is green. Asterisk CLI shows all 24 channels when I give the command 'zap show channels'. I also noticed that Asterisk CLI shows an incoming call every few seconds on the 24th channel. This must be some kind of a timing signal. This is he first time I am configuring a T1 so I must have done something wrong I guess.

These are the commands I used to load the zap module:

modprobe zaptel
modprobe wcte11xp
ztcfg -vvv

---------------------------

my zaptel.conf is as follows:

span=1,1,0,esf,b8zs
e&m=1-24
loadzone = us
defaultzone=us

--------------------------

the zapata.conf is as follows:

[trunkgroups]
[channels]

group=1
language=en
signalling=em_w
usecallerid=yes
callerid=asreceived
context=default
echocancel=64
echocancelwhenbridged=yes
rxgain=1.0
txgain=1.0
channel => 1-2
group=2
language=en
signalling=em_w
usecallerid=yes
callerid=asreceived
context=default
echocancel=64
echocancelwhenbridged=yes
rxgain=1.0
txgain=1.0
channel => 3-24

----------------------------------

In extensions.conf  i have specified the following line:

[default]
exten => _ZXXXXXXXXX,1,Dial(zap/g1/${EXTEN},15,tr)

When I try to dial using the T1 line I get the following error :

Feb 24 06:56:53 NOTICE[5724]: app_dial.c:1010 dial_exec_full: Unable to create channel of type 'Zap' (cause 0 - Unknown)
  == Everyone is busy/congested at this time (1:0/0/1)
  == Auto fallthrough, channel 'SIP/7180-a103' status is 'CHANUNAVAIL'

Any ideas guys?

Thanks and regards,
Nitin Joshi.