[Asterisk-Users] Polycom IP 601 Buddy Watch doesn't work after Asterisk reload

BJ Weschke bweschke at gmail.com
Fri Feb 24 06:32:17 MST 2006

On 2/24/06, Marco Maiolini <marcomaiolini at inwind.it> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I configured Buddy Watch function on my Polycom IP 601. It works well, until I make a reload of Asterisk. After reload, if I give the "show hints" command in Asterisk's CLI, it says that there are no watcher for the extensions that I configured.
>
> Before the reload in the CLI appears:
>
> -= Registered Asterisk Dial Plan Hints =-
>
> 3002 :                 SIP/3002 State:                Idle                      Watchers 1
>
> 3006 :                 SIP/3006 State:                Idle                       Watchers 1
>
> 3003 :                 SIP/3003 State:                Unavailable         Watchers 1
>
> 3001 :                 SIP/3001 State:                Idle                        Watchers 1
>
> 3000 :                 SIP/3000 State:                Idle                         Watchers 1
>

> After the reload in the CLI appears:
>
> -= Registered Asterisk Dial Plan Hints =-
>
> 3002                 : SIP/3002 State:                Idle                   Watchers 0
>
> 3006                 : SIP/3006 State:                Idle                   Watchers 0
>
> 3003                 : SIP/3003 State:                Unavailable     Watchers 0
>
> 3001                 : SIP/3001 State:                Idle                    Watchers 0
>
> 3000                 : SIP/3000 State:                Idle                    Watchers 0
>

> Asterisk sends a SIP NOTIFY message in which the field Subscription-State is: "terminated; reason=probation" and the phone responds with a ACK.
>
> I have then to restart the phone to reactivate the Buddy Watch function.
>
> Is there anybody that can help me with this problem? Is it a problem of the PBX  or a problem of the phone?

 It is a phone issue as the phone is supposed to try and resubscribe
after 60 seconds which is an attribute in that message, but it
doesn't. However, bug 6047 in Mantis has some code to try and provide
a workaround for this issue. Testing would be greatly appreciated.

--
Bird's The Word Technologies, Inc.
http://www.btwtech.com/