[Asterisk-Users] Polycom IP 601 Buddy Watch doesn't work after Asterisk reload

Marco Maiolini marcomaiolini at inwind.it
Fri Feb 24 02:45:48 MST 2006

Hi,

I configured Buddy Watch function on my Polycom IP 601. It works well, until I make a reload of Asterisk. After reload, if I give the "show hints" command in Asterisk's CLI, it says that there are no watcher for the extensions that I configured.

Before the reload in the CLI appears:

-= Registered Asterisk Dial Plan Hints =-

3002 :                 SIP/3002 State:                Idle                      Watchers 1

3006 :                 SIP/3006 State:                Idle                       Watchers 1

3003 :                 SIP/3003 State:                Unavailable         Watchers 1

3001 :                 SIP/3001 State:                Idle                        Watchers 1

3000 :                 SIP/3000 State:                Idle                         Watchers 1

After the reload in the CLI appears:

-= Registered Asterisk Dial Plan Hints =-

3002                 : SIP/3002 State:                Idle                   Watchers 0

3006                 : SIP/3006 State:                Idle                   Watchers 0

3003                 : SIP/3003 State:                Unavailable     Watchers 0

3001                 : SIP/3001 State:                Idle                    Watchers 0

3000                 : SIP/3000 State:                Idle                    Watchers 0

Asterisk sends a SIP NOTIFY message in which the field Subscription-State is: "terminated; reason=probation" and the phone responds with a ACK.

I have then to restart the phone to reactivate the Buddy Watch function.

Is there anybody that can help me with this problem? Is it a problem of the PBX  or a problem of the phone?

Thanks in advance, regards,

Marco.