[Asterisk-Users] Analyzer for Milliwatt

Paul ast2005 at 9ux.com
Fri Feb 24 05:56:27 MST 2006

Rich Adamson wrote:

>>app_milliwatt is a nice tool for a quick check of the
>>line quality.
>>
>>Anyway, hearing to that tone for more than a minute is
>>painful.
>>
>>Does anyone know the "opposite" application, i.e. an
>>application, that "hears" and listens for a 1000 Hz
>>tone and displays the quality in any unit?
>>
>>If not, I'll think about developing one.
>>

>No, but it sure would be nice to have some tools to diagnose
>quality issues.

Maybe the first approach should be to setup a test extension for
recording the tone. The idea is to get best resolution possible in real
time. Then process it as much as needed to get the info you want. Such
an approach would give you more flexibility. For example, you could
automatically place periodic test calls to various servers and have the
recordings then forwarded to one server for analysis. That would
minimize the impact on production asterisk servers.