[Asterisk-Users] Re: Anyone using the GSMgateway from CyberTelecom ?

Aldo Bergamini aab.lists at nb-a.com
Fri Feb 24 04:43:17 MST 2006

Benchev is believed to have said:

>Thanks Aldo,
>No I do not have a manual and I don't believe such a thing
>exist. Actually, that GSM gateway is a "Dock-N-Talk" kind of thing
>with the exception that the handset is "imbedded", so pretty much
>no need of a manual.
>Is your Grandstream a HT-488? If so you might be able to
>simulate the spa3000 case.
>Please, let me know what happened.
>
>Best regards,
>Benchev

Hello Benchev.

the unit I have has also a serial port.

So while it is really easy, a matter of plugging in cables, sim, power,
to set up for receiving and making calls, I have no idea how to send and
receive sms messages.

Or what should/can be done with the serial port. I guess there must be a
use for it, or one could save the effort to put one there.

I do have a GS HT-488; but while in the office I was in such a hurry
that I did no test. Sorry!

I'll be back there next week; I'll let you know how the test will end.

Best regards,
Aldo