SV: [Asterisk-Users] Problems with voicemail

Joseph Tanner joseph at thetechguide.com
Fri Feb 24 03:43:12 MST 2006

This probably has nothing to do with your problem, but I had a problem
with similar symptoms, except asterisk was actually crashing whenever
I tried to access voicemail.  It would sometimes say some digits, but
never got far (never got as far as the actual message).  Problem
turned out, crazily enough, to be having zaptel compiled with
"CONFIG_ZAPTEL_MMX".  Commented that out, recompiled, worked fine.
Uncommented again, recompiled, and it would crash every time I
accessed voicemail.  I'm running CentOS 4, with a 2.6 kernel, and did
use the "make linux26" command.  Oh, and I did read the warning about
compiling mmx with an AMD processor, but this server has an Intel
Celeron in it, so it should have been ok.  Oh well.

Joseph Tanner