[Asterisk-Users] Polycom IP601 Question

Rich Adamson radamson at routers.com
Thu Feb 23 13:40:30 MST 2006

> Hey everyone, I haven't seen an issue quite like mine, so I am hoping
> anyone who used the Polycom 601's may have an idea.
>
> We are going to be switching our office over to Asterisk. All the phones
> are going to be 601's, I am going to set up a boot server, but for now I
> am just going to test everything on one phone. My question is I have the
> phone registered in Asterisk (phone icon on the polycom is black), but I
> cannot make any calls. I tried to dial the extension shown in the
> extensions.conf file and I just get a busy signal. However, if I plug in
> an old budgetone 100 with the same settings, it works just fine. Any ideas?
>
> Also, when setting up a boot sever, the phone updates the log entries
> and there is a cfg file for the mac address of the phone, but during a
> reboot it cannot connect to the bootserver. Do I need to have the
> sip.ld, etc, files up there for it to work properly?

> Here is the sip.conf file
>
> [test]
> type=friend
> secret=blahpoly
> insecure=yes
> host=dynamic
> qualify=500
> nat=no
> mailbox=testmailbox
> callerid=Yourname <test>
> conext=local
> disallow=all
> allow=ulaw
> progressinband=no
>
> here is the local section of the dial plan.
> exten => 850,1,Goto(Mercury-Network,850,1)
> exten => 888,1,VoiceMailMain(@Mercury-Network-Emp)

Try this instead:
[850]   ; [test]
type=friend
username=850    <- add this line
secret=blahpoly
; insecure=yes  <- no need for this
host=dynamic
; qualify=500   <- no need for this now
nat=no
mailbox=850   ; testmailbox
; callerid=Yourname <test>  <- no need for this now
conext=local
disallow=all
allow=ulaw
; progressinband=no  <- no need for this
dtmfmode=rfc2833   <- add this line

In the extensions.conf dialplan, include something like this:
[local]
exten => 850,1,Dial(SIP/850,15)
exten => 850,2,Voicemail(u850)
exten => 850,102,Voicemail(b850)
exten => 850,103,Hangup

; Voicemail access (prompts for exten and password)
exten => 888,1,Wait,1
exten => 888,2,VoicemailMain
exten => 888,3,Hangup

; Voicemail access (does not prompt for anything)
exten => 889,1,Wait,1
exten => 889,2,VoicemailMain(s${CALLERID(num)})
exten => 889,3,Hangup

Configure one of the 601's with matching username and secret, and
get it to register with asterisk. If 'sip show peers' does not reflect
the IP address of the 601, it ain't registered. Work on correct that
first.