[Asterisk-Users] OT: VoIP over bonded link

Colin Anderson ColinA at landmarkmasterbuilder.com
Thu Feb 23 13:34:55 MST 2006

>It's stupid. Don't ever connect 2 different building with copper.
>Just wait until you get some kind of lightening hit or electrical
>fault, but make sure you are no where near it. Use fibre.

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately, the conduit for the provisioning of the
new building is unsuitable for fibre (too many sharp bends) and we can't
core out the concrete and put in a new conduit because of obstacles in the
way that make laying new conduit impractical, so we are stuck with
(existing) copper. We already have copper-to-copper connections of different
types (electrical, security etc) between the buildings so a lightning strike
is going to hose us no matter what.

That aside, does anyone have opinions on my original question as to the
suitability of bonded links for VoIP?