[Asterisk-Users] Voicemail Problem

Joseph Blake joseph at mckinneytech.com
Thu Feb 23 11:01:25 MST 2006

(sent this earlier with my gmail account, think there is a problem
there so I'm sending it here. If anyone replied to this, please
resend it to this email address. thanks alot)

I am new to asterisk and I'm setting up a test box to flesh out a
switchover we're going to do at work. Right now I'm working on
voicemail. I can leave a message fine, but when I attempt to listen to
messages, I am having trouble. I can dial an extension for voice mail
main, login, and it'll tell me how many messages I have. I press one
and it will give me the date/time for the message but when playback
would normally start, VMMain hangs up.
The message in the * console is: (removed sound playback lines)
  Parsing '/var/spool/asterisk/voicemail/default/105/Old/
msg0000.txt': Found
(playback some sound files)
  == Spawn extension (internal, 500, 1) exited non-zero on 'SIP/
joseph-0e7f'
At this point it hangs up on me. I'm using X-Lite softphone for
testing (can't buy any phones till we're sure we have it all working
right :) ) Thanks in advance for any help you guys can give.  I'll
include the appropriate config stuff below as well:

sip.conf: (nothing in [general])
[joseph]
;exten105
type=friend
secret=welcome
qualify=yes
nat=no
host=dynamic
canreinvite=no
context=internal
mailbox=105 at default

voicemail.conf:
[default]
105 => 1234,Joseph Blake,root at localhost

extensions.conf:
[internal]
exten => 1,1,Answer()
exten => 1,2,Playback(all-your-base)
exten => 1,3,Hangup()

exten => 105,1,Answer()
exten => 105,2,Dial(SIP/joseph,30)
exten => 105,3,VoiceMail(105 at default)
exten => 105,4,Hangup()

exten => 500,1,VoiceMailMain()