[Asterisk-Users] Queues and On Hold

Matt King m at orderlysoftware.com
Wed Feb 22 17:18:49 MST 2006

Hello,

    So, I've got a bunch of agents logged in using AgentLogin.  They're
not using VOIP phones, so I only have DTMF tones to play with.

    A call comes in to the agent, who wants to put the caller on hold
(with music) while she talks to her supervisor.  When she's finished
speaking with her boss, she wants to retrieve the caller from music on hold.

    How would you do this?  I've tried it with call parking (by pressing
# then 700), but then the system passes through the next caller to the
agent immediately, and it's impossible to retrieve the caller without
hanging up, then dialling the parked extension.

    Any ideas? Thanks,

          Matt.