[Asterisk-Users] Best ATA for general residential deployment??

Marc Rys m.rys at ivalve.net
Wed Feb 22 17:17:15 MST 2006

My $.02 is that HT486 sucks as a router.  It works well as a ATA.  I have 5 and have all of them are behind separate routers.  The HT486 never gave me the full download speed of my cable modem and even when my PC wasn't powered up, and I wasn't talking on the HT486 my cable modem still looked like the HT486 was sending traffic non-stop.  I put a Buffalo router in front of the HT486 and all is good.  Cable modem doesn’t look full of activity during idle time and my PC can use the cable modem to fullest potential.

It's a shame too, because I bought the HT486's for the router capability.  It turned out to be a waste.

Marc