[Asterisk-Users] What business IP phone to use

Rich Adamson radamson at routers.com
Wed Feb 22 07:23:47 MST 2006

> From: Christian Stredicke <Christian.Stredicke at snom.de>
> The PCB has PoE "prepared" - if you open it you will see that there is a lot of space where you
can solder all kinds of resistors and capacitors.
> Thats for PoE. However we decided that we don't place the necessary components because it would
increase the price to the end customer by 25
> USD - which would take us into a different pricing region. But apart from that we put everything
else from the snom 320/360 there. And IMHO the
> audio quality is nothing less than the "high end" models, the handsfree mode probably even
better (we avoided some mistakes we made in the
> other models). Even the 3-way conference is supported.
>
> Low use?! I would say at least 80 % of phone users today are "low use". A phone with great audio
and mandatory (but not sexy) features like
> security for a mainstream price was missing for those users.
>
> And yes, I am from snom... (see my address!). Please excuse my excitement.

What is the expected target date for efforts to begin filling the reseller
channel?