[Asterisk-Users] What business IP phone to use

Christian Stredicke Christian.Stredicke at snom.de
Wed Feb 22 06:58:17 MST 2006

The PCB has PoE "prepared" - if you open it you will see that there is a
lot of space where you can solder all kinds of resistors and capacitors.
Thats for PoE. However we decided that we don't place the necessary
components because it would increase the price to the end customer by 25
USD - which would take us into a different pricing region. But apart
from that we put everything else from the snom 320/360 there. And IMHO
the audio quality is nothing less than the "high end" models, the
handsfree mode probably even better (we avoided some mistakes we made in
the other models). Even the 3-way conference is supported.

Low use?! I would say at least 80 % of phone users today are "low use".
A phone with great audio and mandatory (but not sexy) features like
security for a mainstream price was missing for those users.

And yes, I am from snom... (see my address!). Please excuse my
excitement.

Christian