[Asterisk-Users] Cannot see the caller id , When calls made from one server to another

John Joseph jjk_saji at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 22 01:46:14 MST 2006

Hi
    I had installed and configured 2 IAX server ,
users from  1'st server can dial to the second server
and vice versa
               But when I make calls to users in other
server , on my client , I get the caller if as
asterisk at 192.168.20.99     , the same I get when I try
reverse , ie I get on my cleint caller id as
astersik at 192.168.20.32
                    Please guide me what should I do
for displaying the user id  when  users from one
server calls to other server users  [ I get the
call-ID when users dial to the same server they are ]

         part of my iax.conf file is as follows
(20.32)
[johnb]
type=friend
user=johna
secret=secret
host=192.168.20.99
context=project

       extensions.conf (20.32)
exten => _4XXX,1,Dial(IAX2/johnb/${EXTEN:1},30,r)
exten => _4XXX,2,Congestion

            my iax.conf file in (20.99) is
[johna]
type=friend
user=johna
secret=secret
host=192.168.20.32
context=project
   extensions.conf (20.99) contains
exten => _3XXX,1,Dial(IAX2/johna/${EXTEN:1},30,r)
exten => _3XXX,2,Congestion