[Asterisk-Users] What business IP phone to use

Chris Bagnall asterisk at minotaur.cc
Tue Feb 21 16:16:25 MST 2006

> £40! That would be a cheap and nasty switch with no prospect
> of any management. A managed switch is worth its weight in
> gold, /especially/ when you have to look after things remotely.

How does one justify the extra cost of a managed switch for an office of no
more than 5-10 users with limited SMB file sharing and lightweight internet
access going over the thing? It's just not doable. In larger organizations,
I agree entirely, a managed switch *is* worth its weight in gold, but not
for small businesses.

Regards,

Chris