[Asterisk-Users] What business IP phone to use

Henry Kwan spam at designmedia.com
Tue Feb 21 16:12:15 MST 2006

>) If it doesn't support PoE I won't implement it.  Support phones with
>wall-warts or bricks is just a added hassle and adds TCO as most end up
>being replaced once or twice during the lifetime of the phone when someone
>trips over them etc.  With PoE switches from linksys starting at $500, there
>is absolutely no reason not to consider them.

How much juice does a typical IP phone draw?  I noticed that the Linksys
SRW2224P only provides 7.5W if you use all 24 PoE ports (or 15W to 12
ports).  My Polycom IP501 has a 9W brick but I dunno if there's some
headroom in that figure or not.  The Dell 3424P will provide full 15W
power to it's 24 ports but it's $749.