[Asterisk-Users] Download "Asterisk: The Future Of Telephony" [More Info]

Alexander Burke asterisk at alexburke.ca
Tue Feb 21 12:30:51 MST 2006

Hello, Bob!

At 01:32 PM 02/21/2006, you wrote:
>Speaking of this book, where can I get it?  Obviously I can read the
>pdf, but I lack the facility to print it in any usable fashion.  The
>labor and materials that I have spent on trying to print it thus far
>probably outweighs the cost of the silly thing.  Is it only available
>online, or do you think Barnes and Noble, Borders, etc might have it?

Oh, I wouldn't print the whole thing; the price of the paper copy
doesn't make it cost-effective to run one off... unless you happen to
work at a place with a nice laser printer and a spiral-binding
machine, I guess!

Any reputable book seller should be able to order it by its ISBN
(0596009623). I bought my paper copy from Amazon, and had it in a
week. It *is* a real book -- the PDF that was released is (most of)
exactly what went to the book printing company -- the markings in the
corners are alignment marks, and the vertical and horizontal lines in
the margins are the cut marks for binding. The table of contents and
index are missing, probably because they're fairly useless in a file
you can do full-text searches on, and also probably to make
counterfeiters actually have to do some work.

--
Alexander Burke, A+, CCNA
Kingston, Ontario, Canada