[Asterisk-Users] good voip

CyberSource peter at cybersource.us
Tue Feb 21 06:38:45 MST 2006

Dovid Bender wrote:
> Again. What do you need ? Incoming and outgoing,
> trunking etc. ?
>
> I personaly use.
> Voipjet.com
> myPhonecompany.com
> Teliax.com
> I have heard others talk about:
> JunctionNetworks
>
> There others that are just not coming to mine. If I
> remember them I will try to email them as well.
>
> Dovid
>

>> Everything. I really don't know where to begin. We
>> make and distribute
>> custom Linux boxes and to include a VOIP solution
>> using Asterisk would
>> be great. Ultimately to usurp the phone co. entirely
>> I suppose would be
>> the ultimate.

I want to do everything, incoming, outgoing, real phone number (DID ?)
Like I said, I am really new to the whole thing and need some very basic
help. I know Linux very well but I am not a telephony guy, alot of the
terminology to me is foreign.  I would like to be able to take my real
phone number that I use with Ma Bell and have it come to my asterisk box
and take a message or forward if needed and I would like to be able to
call from my asterisk box using that phone number (at least for caller
id purpose). If you can lead me off with some examples and/or providers
so I can accomplish this, I would be very greatful. Thanks, Peter