[Asterisk-Users] Fwd: Asterisk on Solaris 10 (AMD Opteron, Sun Fire X2100)

Andreas Sikkema andreas.sikkema at bbned.nl
Tue Feb 21 04:47:47 MST 2006

> While it doesn't explicity say so, it seems to
> very strongly imply that either a PCI card or
> ztdummy are *required* for some Asterisk
> functionality (namely music-on-hold and
> conferencing, apparently). Is this actually not the case?

I'd say support for one of these options  should be
available whenever Asterisk generates _any_ media by
itself, including conferencing.

IVR functionality and the like become much better when
ztdummy or another timing source supported by Asterisk is
available.

--
Andreas Sikkema                       BBned NV
Software Engineer                Planeetbaan 4