[Asterisk-Users] g729 quality at GSM bitrates

David Ankers dankers at iinet.net.au
Tue Feb 21 02:25:33 MST 2006

2nd vote for ADPCM - depends on how fat you can get though? I would guess
though that this is over a smallish pipe?

After a lot of time and various experiments, my preferred codec is G.726/32
in combination with RTP header compression - low impact on the WAN and the *
server but quality that is excellent. Might not be suitable for your needs
though but, well, worth mentioning.