[Asterisk-Users] g729 quality at GSM bitrates

Rusty Shackleford john97 at flatline.com
Mon Feb 20 14:40:17 MST 2006

To my ear, ILBC sounds much better than GSM. It's slightly more
efficient, and more tolerant of things like packet loss. Some folks,
hate the sound of ILBC encoded calls. <shrug>

Your other choice would be G.726/32. * supports it, as do many ATA's and
softphones. It's a bit fatter, but sounds MUCH better than GSM.