[Asterisk-Users] realtime, iax, trunk

Ben Dinnerville bdinnerv at gmail.com
Mon Feb 20 21:38:11 MST 2006

Hi All,

Is there some way to verify that a channel is using iax trunking?

The reason i ask is that i have a scenario where 1 Asterisk system is
communicating with another over IAX. System A is using static
configuration from the standard files, System B is using realtime with
MySQL config for IAX. The table for iax as per voip-info (iax_buddies)
does not contain a field for "trunk", so i decided to add the field on
the basis that you can add / remove fields to the table as per the
static config file parameters, but i am not sure if this is valid or not
- can anyone confirm that using "trunk" from iax realtime is valid?

I would like to find some way to verify that trunking is happening on a
channel so that i can confirm the above does work, unless someone can
inform me otherwise? I have tried IAX debug, but could not find anything
obvious in the logs.

Cheers,

Ben