[Asterisk-Users] Re: Multiple TDM400P's in a single machine

James Harper james.harper at bendigoit.com.au
Mon Feb 20 21:31:23 MST 2006

> I am running 2 TDM400's in a single machine without a drama. It is a
> scenario that will work, but you have to be careful with your PCI
slots
> and IRQ assignments. I basically disabled everything on board that was
> not needed (USB, floppy, IDE2 etc) and had to play around with which
> slot the cards went in to ensure that neither of the TDM cards were
> sharing resources with something else like the on board eth
controller.

>From what I understand about the way the TDM400 cards work, it may be
possible to disable the interrupt on one card and service both cards on
the remaining interrupt. There may be some extra (hardware?)
synchronisation required between the two cards, which would make the
idea a bit less attractive.

This only solves the problem of interrupt availability/sharing though,
not the fact that you still have to do approximately the same amount of
work per interrupt.

James