[Asterisk-Users] Multiple TDM400P's in a single machine

Philip Edelbrock phil at netroedge.com
Mon Feb 20 17:22:24 MST 2006

Marc Archer wrote:

> Can someone give me a definite answer as to wether or not you can
> reliably run multiple TDM400P’s in the same machine?
>
> I need 4 x FXO and 4 x FXS to connect to both the PSTN and existing key
> system, but I have seen several threads suggesting that this is not a
> supported configuration

Potentially easier and cheaper is to just have the FXO's and connect it
as analog extensions.  That's what we did here.  It serves as a
replacement voicemail system, and IVR while still being able to answer
and route calls, provide gateway to voip extensions, etc.

Less waste, too, if/when you completely switch to voip.  FXO ports are
likely to be more usable than FXS if that becomes the case, I would imagine.

That said, I think some folks have run multiple TDM400's by making sure
they have unique IRQ's.  I'll let somebody else speak to the details of
that.

Phil