[Asterisk-Users] Cisco 7960 Register Problem

Rich Adamson radamson at routers.com
Sun Feb 19 07:24:39 MST 2006

> I have a problem to register a cisco 7960 to an asterisk 1.2.2
>
> I defined in sip.conf the next :
> ["phonenumber"]
> type=friend
> username="username"
> secret="password"
> host=dynamic
> context=work
>
> I am trying to catch the register requests with
> sip debug
> with no success (empty screen).

The 7960's are one of the easiest phones to configure, so I'd have to
assume you've got something very wrong in the phone's config.

In the above samples you're showing quotes. If those are actually
present in your config, remove them. Try something like this:
 [1234]
 type=friend
 username=1234
 secret=mysecret
 host=dynamic
 context=work
 dtmfmode=rfc2833
 canreinvite=no
 mailbox=1234

Then in your 7960 config file (macaddress.cnf), use matching entries
like this:
 line1_name: 1234
 line1_authname: 1234
 line1_password: mysecret

In your 7960 config file (DIPDefault.cnf), ensure the proxy address is
defined as the IP adddress of asterisk:
 proxy1_address: "192.168.1.1"

The above are the only parameters needed to make a 7960 register with
asterisk.