[Asterisk-Users] Grandstream GXP-2000

Clint Sharp clint at kirkhamsystems.com
Fri Feb 17 12:38:04 MST 2006

I'm still having numerous echo issues, even on SIP calls, with the
GXP-2000s.  Unfortunately, they cause echo on the remote end on SIP calls,
which does not occur on other phone models.  The speaker phone is unusable
due to echo problems.  Maybe the 1.0.2 firmware branches will help, but I'm
scared of upgrading with no path back to a stable firmware.  They're really
nice hardware, but unfortunately the software for them just stinks (no gain
control on the handsets or speakerphones, lots of missing options I'd
like).  Unfortunately, I have yet to find a sub $100US phone that I like.  I
definitely would not order 15 until I'd ordered a couple and tested.

Clint