[Asterisk-Users] Intrado / VoIP E911

Matt mhoppes at gmail.com
Fri Feb 17 08:39:54 MST 2006

Ok,
So... we've been looking at Intrado as a solution for national E911.
They claim to be able to offer FCC compliant E911 services for VoIP
companies.   However, as I look into things further, they don't seem
to have links to all the PSAPs for E911.  Now, I understand if the
PSAP is not capable of receiving E911 information, the VoIP provider
is under no obligation to provide it.  However, a few PSAPs that I
have tested ARE able to receive E911, but Intrado is still dialing a
10-digit number to get to them, resulting in no ALI information being
passed.

Does anyone, more experienced with Intrado then I, have any thoughts
on this?   How can Intrado claim to be able to provide services that
make a VoIP provider FCC Legal and Compliant, and yet still send calls
to E911 equiped PSAPs without the ALI information?!