[Asterisk-Users] MOH from RCA jack?

Rich Adamson radamson at routers.com
Fri Feb 17 06:42:18 MST 2006

Been around asterisk for two-plus years, but need a little input from the
list on this topic.

Have a potential client that wants to replace their old key system with *,
but they want to integrate a commercial message service (they pay a monthly
fee to have special MOH messages generated) into their system. The messages
are essentially delivered to this customer via older generation audio
equipment that interfaces to their key system via a standard audio RCA jack.
(We're reseaching other alternative deliver mechanisms such as mp3's, etc,
from the supplier, but have to assume for now that we need to inject MOH
audio into asterisk via this RCA jack.)

Does anyone have a relatively high audio quanlity method of interfacing
such an external audio device into asterisk in a reliable way via an
RCA jack?