[Asterisk-Users] Re: Bridge Calls with G()

Tony Mountifield tony at softins.clara.co.uk
Fri Feb 17 06:50:52 MST 2006

In article <43F5A9FB.3040704 at alphaque.com>,
Dinesh Nair <dinesh at alphaque.com> wrote:

> On 02/16/06 04:45 Prakash Rao Kanthi said the following:
> > This works but the calling party hears 'prompt02' and the called party
> > hears 'prompt04' & the two parties are NOT connected foa conversatoin -
> > just like the wiki describes
> >
> > Does anyone know when the 'G()' flag will be fixed or any potential
> > work-arounds?
>
> i'm not really sure what the original rationale was in transferring the
> called party to priority+1 and the calling party to priority, but i've
> opened an issue on this and provided a small patch which makes it act the
> way it's described. it's available at http://bugs.digium.com/view.php?id=6523

I think it is more useful to transfer to the two separate priorities,
but the documentation should reflect that.

If you want to distinguish between the called and calling parties in your
dialplan, you can do something like Set(CALLING=yes) at priority and then
fall through to priority+1. You could even put a Goto at priority and have
two completely different sequences of commands for caller and called.

If both legs of the call go to the same priority, it might be more fiddly
to distinguish between them.

If you want both legs to do the same, just put a NoOp at priority.

However, even if you get them both to the same priority, they will NOT
be bridged together! The option is specifically to UNbridge them and put
both legs into the dialplan independently. The G option is most useful
for transferring both legs of the call into a MeetMe conference.

Cheers
Tony
--
Tony Mountifield