[Asterisk-Users] Re: RE: virtual extension per user ?

Michiel van Baak michiel at vanbaak.info
Fri Feb 17 01:30:07 MST 2006

On 09:02, Fri 17 Feb 06, Tomislav Par?ina wrote:
> > You can do this with agents, no need for a queue.
> > Define agents in agents.conf
> > In your dialplan, instead of Dial(SIP/bedroom) use
> > Dial(Agent/200)
> >
> > Let the phones login as agent :)
>
> OK, I know I have to Dial(Agent/200), but how will I login agents if I don't use queue? If phone log's in as agent, then I didn't do anything, because that agent will always be on that phone (and that is something I would like to avoid - because of that I started to use agents in first place).

You have to use AgentCallbackLogin for that.
If a phone logs in that way, it's reachable as Agent/200
You can also use AgentCallbackLogin to logout the agent.

You don't have to worry about an agent that forgets to
logout on phone X when they walk to phone Y, cause
AgentCallbackLoging will overwrite asterisk database entry
for that agent so it's only reachable on the phone where
they last login (asuming they didn't logout there)

> Maybe I didn't understand something right.

When I get home later today I will put an example in my
system and post it here.

--
Michiel van Baak
http://michiel.vanbaak.info