[Asterisk-Users] Sangoma analog cards?

Mike Clark mike at infoanywhere.com
Thu Feb 16 18:23:33 MST 2006

Ken D'Ambrosio wrote:

>Michael Graves wrote:
>

>>Does anyone on-list have direct experience with the new analog cards
>>

>>from Sangoma? I'm thinking about FXOs with echo cans. Need 2-4 ports
>

>>but don't want to go through another TDM400 style experience.
>>

>First impressions (of which one should always be wary):
>
>1) I really, really like the look of the new card.  From a mechanical
>engineering standpoint, it's a joy to be able to simply snap a module
>in, or remove it.  Beats the TDM400 hands-down in the ME department.
>2) Looks can be deceiving: I had a devil of a time trying to get my T1
>and analog cards working in the same machine at the same time.  Caveat:
>I've never done it before with any hardware, and may have been Doing
>Something Dumb(tm).  Haven't tried getting just the analog card working
>by itself, since the analog was just for conference room phones, and I
>care far more about the T1.
>3) My T1 card is a Sangoma with EC -- assuming they use the same EC on
>the analog as the T1 card (check -- I really don't know), I gotta say it
>works pretty darn well.  All my echo is -gone-.
>
>-Ken

We have 1 6-port A200D in production since last week and I set up
another today to be installed tomorrow. The echo can rocks. I tested by
turning off the echo can and cranking the volume on the Polycom 501 and
got echo dialing my cell. Turned the echo can back on, cranked the
volume to max and yelled into the phone, and go *no echo*. This is such
a relief after 8 months of TDM400 echo hell (not to mention the regular
system hangs that necessitated implementing nightly auto reboots).

I will say that I have had some weirdness in the initial install and
setup. Today, I had to uninstall, and do a clean re-install on the
drivers to get things working fine. After that things are great.

We also have 3 A101 T1 cards in production and they have performed well,
but still needed to add external echo can. Hopefully Sangoma will start
selling single and dual span cards with echo can.

Mike Clark