[Asterisk-Users] Rights problem with Voicemail and non-root user - yeah I know, I thought I had it fixed...

Chuck Bunn chuck.bunn at networkdoc.com
Thu Feb 16 07:34:27 MST 2006

Hi,

I am throwing in the towel. I tried recompiling asterisk with changes to
rights in app_voicemail.c (changed 0700 to 0770, 0600 to 0660) but I
think the writing of voicemail is taking place somewhere else as this
did fix new directories but files are still beining writen without group
permissions. I also modified the call.monitor file in ARI so that
permission were 0770 instaed of 0700 but this still did not work. I do
have files being created with the asterisk group and user though! So I
am ready to try the script for changing writes. Is there anything I need
to do besides adding the chmod blah blah blah to a file and then making
it executable??

Thanks