[Asterisk-Users] Rights problem with Voicemail and non-root user - yeah I know, I thought I had it fixed...

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir at cohens.org.il
Wed Feb 15 04:13:52 MST 2006

On Tue, Feb 14, 2006 at 03:09:59PM -0700, Chuck Bunn wrote:
> Hi Giorgio:
>
> That seems like a kind of a kludge. I would rather have the program work
> right, than adding a work around. Dan of  Littlejohnsconsulting has told
> me of one problem in ARI that he is fixing but I do not understand how
> it will fix the issue yet?? I will let you know as I find out more...

A while ago I have submitted a patch to fix that. The part of the patch
that clean up voicemail.conf has been accepted. The part of it that
changes permissions to group writable has not.

http://bugs.digium.com/view.php?id=5929

Please file a feature request to change those two #define-s if you
believe that this is useful (I think so). No coding is required.

But anyway, even after the change in the code, you'll need to make sure
your umask is properly set.