[Asterisk-Users] Random Disconnects - or ARE they?

Francesco Peeters (Asterisk) francesco at fampeeters.com
Wed Feb 15 14:45:35 MST 2006

On Wed, February 15, 2006 22:35, Brent Torrenga said:
> I have one use on our PBX who has been experiencing seemingly random
> disconnects. The user is on the same LAN as everyone else, using the same
> type of phone (79XX loaded with SIP firmware) as everyone else. He had
> some
> disconnects a few weeks ago, I suspected the phone, so I swapped his with
> mine. I have since not had issues with his old phone, however, he has had
> issues using mine. So, the problem seems to be not with the phone, but
> with
> his station. I started thinking maybe the cable is bad. I checked the
> network stats on his 79XX, and never see any receive errors - perfect
> network performance. Also, the CLI has no indication of an error whenever
> disconnect occurs, it just looks like a normal hangup of the Zap channel
> (TDM400P).
>
> The ONLY difference between this user and everyone else is his extremely
> loud talking. When I run ztmonitor it is obvious that he simply pegs the
> meter. Either it reads peaked out or silence, whether he is speaking or
> being quiet.
>
> Is it entirely possible that he is driving the Zap channel so hard that it
> either hangs up or causes the telco CO to hang up the channel? Is there
> something else I should look at that might indicate what the problem is? I
> am kinda pulling my hair out on this one, any help or suggestions would be
> appreciated.

LOL... You could try to explain that he doesn't need to shout to the
person on the other side, that the telephone transmits the sound by wire,
and not by air, so he doesn't need to shout to be heard on the other side!
 ;-)

But seriously, I am really curious whether there is a connection between
voice volume and disconnects... Please do keep us informed...

--
F Peeters
  PIII 450 - 1 GB - * 1.2 - BRIstuff 0.3.0 Pre 1 - Florz patch