[Asterisk-Users] PIKA Technologies Inc. Announces Support for Open Source Asterisk PBX

Wojciech Tryc wojciech.tryc at pikatech.com
Wed Feb 15 11:28:39 MST 2006

Ottawa, Canada – February 15, 2006 - PIKA Technologies Inc. today
announced that they have integrated PIKA’s high-density analog computer
plug-in boards with the open source Asterisk PBX, with the introduction
of PIKA Connect for Asterisk.  PIKA Connect for Asterisk is a software
layer, available free of charge and distributed under the GNU Public
License (GPL), which allows interoperability between PIKA high-density
analog boards (Daytona MM) and Asterisk PBX software.
“The Asterisk development community can now benefit from advanced
features for fax and echo cancellation in high density analog
applications, made possible by PIKA’s DSP processing power on the
board,” stated Wojciech Tryc, Enterprise VoIP architect at PIKA
Technologies. “Because of the native bridging for TDM calls, latency is
drastically reduced—nearly eliminated— in this implementation.  The
solution is very reliable, as we have witnessed not only in the lab, but
in live customer environments.”

Stroudwater Contact Point, LLC, based in Portland Maine, provides
software development services, applications and infrastructure for
contact centers.  "We have chosen PIKA's Daytona MM analog hardware for
analog support in their upcoming Asterisk-based Dirigo iQueue™ PBX/ACD
product because of the scalability and density of 24 ports for either
loop start or POTS.  On board switching of calls and on board echo
cancellation make the product more efficient and ease demands on the
server's CPU. Further, PIKA support throughout our development has been
outstanding," said Bill Hunt, President and CTO at Stroudwater Contact
Point.  "Our next step is to integrate the PIKA on board fax solution."

Unlimitel Inc. offers VoIP services to business customers across Canada
using the VoIP/PSTN network and was looking for a way to deliver
reliable fax.  Stephan Monette, President of Unlimitel stated:  “Using
Asterisk and the PIKA [high density analog] Daytona board was quick and
easy. We were able to demonstrate the stability of the fax service in
our lab within 24 hours!”

Kanatek Technologies Inc. is an Ottawa, Ontario-based systems integrator
delivering IT consulting and support services to a variety of companies
in North America.  Paul Labelle, Vice President of Operations at Kanatek
said, “We were impressed with the flexibility and customization that the
PIKA Connect for Asterisk solution could provide.  We were able to
integrate it with our current PBX system, and extend our communications
network to nearly 100 users at multiple locations including the
corporate office, branch office and remote locations.”

Asterisk developers can be up and running quickly with PIKA Connect for
Asterisk and PIKA hardware.  “For those familiar with using the Asterisk
platform, no additional training is required.  They can take advantage
of the PIKA solution with minimal effort or investment,” said PIKA
Technologies’ Wojciech Tryc.

For more information on PIKA Connect for Asterisk, go to
http://www.pikatechnologies.com/products/asterisk.htm

About PIKA

PIKA Technologies designs and manufactures computer plug in voice cards
and software that connect a computer system to both TDM- and IP-based
networks to provide advanced voice services. For almost two decades PIKA
Technologies has been serving companies around the world that require
voice cards to design sophisticated phone services for recording
systems, voice services applications, and PC-PBX systems. The company
has built a reputation for delivering innovative products and
exceptional technical support by working closely with its customers.
Headquartered in Ottawa, ON, Canada, the company has ranked in The
Branham300, an authoritative ranking of successful Canadian high tech
firms, for three consecutive years. Visit www.pikatechnologies.com or
call +1-613-591-1555 for more information.

© PIKA Technologies Inc., 2005. PIKA is a registered trademark of PIKA
Technologies Inc.

For more information, please contact:

Miriam Rautiainen
Head of Marketing | PIKA Technologies Inc.